RE: [S-R] Abaujvar @ LDS

  • Julie & Kevin
    Message 1 of 21 , May 2, 2010
      Thank you !! I have it.

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of John
      Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 9:15 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Abaujvar @ LDS

      LDS has Abaujvar church records 1744-1895

    • linda bishop
      Message 2 of 21 , May 3, 2010
        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        From: bill.tarkulich@...
        Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 08:42:54 -0400
        Subject: Re: [S-R] HRABOVCSIK Greek Catholic records for RAKOCZ

        Sometimes we find the church records in the village offices. 99% of
        the time it takes a personal visit to the village to read them.
        Villages very very rarely reply to written requests from foreigners.

        Bill

        On May 1, 2010, at 4:48 AM, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone!
        >
        > I am looking through the G C records on the Pilot search for the
        > baptism of my great grandmother, Anna KUNDRAT. Birth date is
        > January 1873 in Rakocz. I have found several other KUNDRAT familiy
        > members in House #7 and House #8, one of these homes is the correct
        > home. However, my BIG problem is that the records begin with 1870
        > through 1872 and SKIP 1873 & 1874 and pick-up again with 1875. I've
        > looked at all 82 pages of the records and everything else seems to
        > be in the correct order (with a duplicate page here and there) but I
        > am used to that. My question is - does anyone know what might have
        > happened to these two missing years of records? Are they lost or
        > could they be in with some other village by mistake?
        >
        > Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
        >
        > Martha

        > ! Groups Links

      • martha.andras
        Message 3 of 21 , May 11, 2010
          Hi Ron, Bill & All,

          I am about half way through the RC records but so far, no luck. I am not sure where to find the Druhopisty. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

          Thanks!

          Martha

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@...> wrote:

          > After looking at the Druhopisty as suggested, go back and look for your village under the RC records. I swear there are duplicate images on some of the GC & RC records for Sulin.
          >
          > Presuming you are saving the images to disc, I suggest noting the year in the name & also, if there are two images of the same page, which is 'bad' or 'duplicate see #123' to save searching the duplicate again. I also add the first initial of interesting last names to ease going back.
          >
          > It seems the site was down for a while and saving does not automatically generate a unique image number. That is a shame, it would be handy to coordinate the work between two people searching the same village.
          >
          > Ron
          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Everyone!
          > >
          > > I am looking through the G C records on the Pilot search for the baptism of my great grandmother, Anna KUNDRAT. Birth date is January 1873 in Rakocz. I have found several other KUNDRAT familiy members in House #7 and House #8, one of these homes is the correct home. However, my BIG problem is that the records begin with 1870 through 1872 and SKIP 1873 & 1874 and pick-up again with 1875. I've looked at all 82 pages of the records and everything else seems to be in the correct order (with a duplicate page here and there) but I am used to that. My question is - does anyone know what might have happened to these two missing years of records? Are they lost or could they be in with some other village by mistake?
          > >
          > > Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
          > >
          > > Martha

        • Ron
          Message 4 of 21 , May 11, 2010
            Martha,

            Most of the records I looked at on line had a designation for faith and year, I beleive, while one had no designation. That one seemed to contain some scattered records and some duplicates that were published in the 'organized' sections I looked at first. I take those, or a part of those, to be Drugopisty. If they are not there then you will have to go to the LDS office near you, tell them what you found so far, and ask if they have other records on microfilm.

            I am in Watson Lake, Yukon, about 1/4 of my way down the Alaska Highway to a Slovak course in Pittsburgh, so I won't be near y personal references for some months unless I uploaded them to my netbook.

            I hope someone else can offer more solid advice.
            Ron

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ron, Bill & All,
            >
            > I am about half way through the RC records but so far, no luck. I am not sure where to find the Druhopisty. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Martha
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <amiak27@> wrote:
            > >
            > > After looking at the Druhopisty as suggested, go back and look for your village under the RC records. I swear there are duplicate images on some of the GC & RC records for Sulin.
            > >
            > > Presuming you are saving the images to disc, I suggest noting the year in the name & also, if there are two images of the same page, which is 'bad' or 'duplicate see #123' to save searching the duplicate again. I also add the first initial of interesting last names to ease going back.
            > >
            > > It seems the site was down for a while and saving does not automatically generate a unique image number. That is a shame, it would be handy to coordinate the work between two people searching the same village.
            > >
            > > Ron
            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Everyone!
            > > >
            > > > I am looking through the G C records on the Pilot search for the baptism of my great grandmother, Anna KUNDRAT. Birth date is January 1873 in Rakocz. I have found several other KUNDRAT familiy members in House #7 and House #8, one of these homes is the correct home. However, my BIG problem is that the records begin with 1870 through 1872 and SKIP 1873 & 1874 and pick-up again with 1875. I've looked at all 82 pages of the records and everything else seems to be in the correct order (with a duplicate page here and there) but I am used to that. My question is - does anyone know what might have happened to these two missing years of records? Are they lost or could they be in with some other village by mistake?
            > > >
            > > > Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Martha

          • John
            Message 5 of 21 , May 11, 2010
              >>> I am about half way through the RC records but so far, no luck. I am not sure where to find the Druhopisty. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? <<<

              Are you looking for RC or GC? Your message indicates BOTH. Here is the GC reference.

              Inv. č. 973 Druhopisy krstov, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtí 1882-1895
            • martha.andras
              Message 6 of 21 , May 14, 2010
                Hi John (Bill & Ron),

                The family was GC but the years I needed are missing. At Ron's suggestion I am checking the RC records for the smae village.

                The link you sent me for Druhopisty seems to have come through all garbled. (see below) I don't know how to access it. DO you mind resending the information?

                Thanks!

                Martha