Re: [S-R] Re: LDS RECORDS RELEASE - It's Names

    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2010
      What country collection were those from?

      Bill

    • gklodzen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3, 2010
        Bill, you asked 'What country were these records from' and the answer is
        the USA, specifically Washington, DC. This information regarding my Irish
        maternal ancestors was posted on the LDS Beta site. No document images,
        rather the information they contained. There was nothing on the Beta site
        regarding village VINNE and my Slovak ancestors, though I must admit the surname
        KLADZAN is not a common one.

        Eugene Klodzen

        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2010
          Thanks Eugene,
          Important information, as it gives an indication which country collections
          are being updated. Since you have posted it on a Slovak site, I wondered if
          it might bear some relevance to the group.

          Of course there are dozens of US-records projects underway. There are no
          Slovakia index projects underway or planned.

          Bill

          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2010
            Are there any records, church, civil, census for abt 1850 in Praha?

            My Pittner and Soukup ancestry leads me to this area.

            Linda
            Message 5 of 15 , May 3, 2010
              There are many records, but not too many are online. The current FHL Pilot
              project is bringing many Czech Republic records online as we speak, but
              you'll need to check regularly. This is a brand new-project - very few
              Czech Republic records were available before this project began. Expect it
              to take several years, as they all do.
              http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#r=1&p=allCollections

              The remainder would need to be extracted by someone for hire to hit the
              streets of the Archives directly for you, for a fee most likely.

              The FHL has a limited number on microfilm.

              Bill

              Are there any records, church, civil, census for abt 1850 in Praha?

              My Pittner and Soukup ancestry leads me to this area.

              Linda

            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 15 , May 3, 2010
                 hi Linda - do you know about the CGSI - the Czechoslovak Genealolgy and Cultural Society - they have done many data bases and have a huge library and you can arrange a search of records - www.cgsi.org

                if you might like to explore having someone do research i have a friend who does it tho it's gotten harder as have to reserve way in advance to go to an archive there and use the books, also fees for this.

                Really important to have 3 things - the person's first and last name, the exact birth date, the place of birth there.

                i have another friend also in Prague who writes letters to village mayors and people with similar surnames in the phone book.

                helene
                helenezx@...

                ________________________________
                Message 7 of 15 , May 3, 2010
                  Thanks for the feedback. What I have is a land document in Kansas that
                  gives last residence as Pecinov Bohemia.

                  I have a newspaper clipping that shows Georg Pitner visited with his
                  brother James (Wenzel) Pittner .

                  Georg was born in Praha.

                  All three immigrated to Rawlins County, Kansas. There was also a
                  mention of Charles and Michael.
                  For Michael, it says Hungary. I don't know who they were.

                  All ship manifests for Wenzel, Antoin and George show Kingdom of
                  Bohemia. No Town.

                  I plan a trip to Rawlins County to look through old church records,
                  library, court house & museum.
                  Somewhere there must be an ancestral village listed.

                  G-Grandma was Josepha Soukup Pitner. Other Soukup's settles in the area
                  but again only Bohemia.

                  Linda