Re: [S-R] Re: Family secrets

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 30, 2010
      Absolutely Maxine. It's not even a generation ago that Communism was in charge of peoples lives there. My friend, who has lived there since 1939, has said many times that you have to "Be careful what you say".
      She told me more than once in her letters how she had a book of U.S. presidents. And when the communists came to power, she "BURNED IT"
      Her father used to send her newspaper clippings, and her husband would be called into a room and interrogated, "WHY IS YOUR WIFE READING THESE THINGS"?
      Tom
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 30, 2010
        I could be speaking out of line, but my experience for PA has been that I indicate within my request for a death cert that I am doing genealogy and the person is somehow related to me....but, I've never requested for uncle, aunt, cousin,etc. only for grandparents and great grandparents.
        Marge