OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK my "new" family surnames:

  • RJMRAZIK
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hello,
      I recently made contact with a distant cousin who provided some additional
      direct line family surnames of our JURACSICS Family. Our research so far, of
      our JURACSICS surname, seems to come from Mast, Slovakia.
      I thought I'd post these "new" surnames OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK to
      the list and see if anyone else is researching these surnames.

      Peggy Mrazik
    • qt41059@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2000
        I knew of a Melissa Lackovitch who lived in Lake Station, IN 46405 who would
        be about 42-43 yrs. old now. I believed she married a man with the last name
        of Sarkisian. Hope this helps.
        Kate
      • Frank Kurchina
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "RJMRAZIK" <RJMRAZIK@m...> wrote:
          > Hello,
          > I recently made contact with a distant cousin who provided some
          additional
          > direct line family surnames of our JURACSICS Family. Our research so
          far, of
          > our JURACSICS surname, seems to come from Mast, Slovakia.
          > I thought I'd post these "new" surnames OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and
          KREPCIK to
          > the list and see if anyone else is researching these surnames.
          >
          > Peggy Mrazik

          Don't know your surnames.
          However...

          Juracsics is a Hungarian spelling, so you really want the surname
          Jurac^ic^.

          Mást is located 9 miles NNW of Bratislava and at Stupava, Slovakia.

          R.C. matriky exist for Mást (1670-1896)

          The LDS-Mormons have not filmed the Bratislava Archives.

          You would need to write the Main Archives (Archív hlavného mesta
          Bratislavy) to research your surname records.
          The parish church records are there.
          It is just that the LDS hasn't filmed them as yet.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 15 surname Jurac^ic^ under
          Bratislava and Marianka.

          Same thing with the surname Lachkovics.
          The Slovakia telephone directory alsonlists 66 surname Lackovic^ under
          Bratislava and vicinity.

          Surname Krepcik is O.K.
          Expect that Okulas is a wrong spelling for a Slovak surname.
          In Hungarian Okulás means edification, i.e. to instruct or improve
          spiritually.
        • pkrepcik@povn.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "RJMRAZIK" <RJMRAZIK@m...> wrote:
            > Hello,
            > I recently made contact with a distant cousin who provided some
            additional
            > direct line family surnames of our JURACSICS Family. Our research
            so far, of
            > our JURACSICS surname, seems to come from Mast, Slovakia.
            > I thought I'd post these "new" surnames OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and
            KREPCIK to
            > the list and see if anyone else is researching these surnames.
            >
            > Peggy Mrazik

            I've been trying to research the KREPCIK family and have been told by
            our family that there is just the one blood line. I've found
            KREPCIKS in Austria, Australia, Germany and the U.S. and have
            information on quite a few of them but am having trouble finding
            info. on ancestors beyond grandparents. I'm new to the Yahoo Groups
            and geneology so ANY information you can give me concerning facts of
            the KREPCIK family or how to go about locating more information would
            be greatly appreciated. I found some info. thru the Ellis Island
            passenger list but need to go back farther in time. Help!!
          • frankur@att.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., pkrepcik@p... wrote:
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "RJMRAZIK" <RJMRAZIK@m...> wrote:
              > > Hello,
              > > I recently made contact with a distant cousin who provided some
              > additional
              > > direct line family surnames of our JURACSICS Family. Our research
              > so far, of
              > > our JURACSICS surname, seems to come from Mast, Slovakia.
              > > I thought I'd post these "new" surnames OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and
              > KREPCIK to
              > > the list and see if anyone else is researching these surnames.
              > >
              > > Peggy Mrazik
              >

              > I've been trying to research the KREPCIK family and have been told
              by
              > our family that there is just the one blood line. I've found
              > KREPCIKS in Austria, Australia, Germany and the U.S. and have
              > information on quite a few of them but am having trouble finding
              > info. on ancestors beyond grandparents. I'm new to the Yahoo Groups
              > and geneology so ANY information you can give me concerning facts of
              > the KREPCIK family or how to go about locating more information
              would
              > be greatly appreciated. I found some info. thru the Ellis Island
              > passenger list but need to go back farther in time. Help!!

              Don't know your surnames.

              You wrote two of your surnames in Hungarian and not Slovak.
              For all practical purposes your surname Juracsics is Jurac^ic^ and
              the surname Lachkovics is Lackovic^.
              The Hungarian letter 'cs' pron. ch was discontinued in 1910.

              Slovak diacritic letter c^ = ch.

              Mast is located 9 miles NNW of Bratislava.

              The Slovakia telephone directory lists 9 surname Jurac^ic^ under
              Bratislava.
              The Slovakia telephone directory lists 50 surname Lackovic^ under
              Bratislava.

              The LDS has not filmed the records in the Bratislava Archives as yet.
              You can write the Main Archives (Archív hlavného mesta Bratislavy)
              to research your surname records.
              Their narrative research report will be written in Slovak, not
              English.
              If you don't know Slovak you would need to get their research report
              translated.

              There are three different rates.
              Clerical, the cheapest, the basic research, and the most difficult,
              the more expensive.
              They will do research you request then send you a bill which you must
              pay before they send the information.

              Slovak State Archives URLs

              http://www.netway.at/ihff/c.htm

              http://www.slovak.com/genealogy/adresy_na_slovensku.html
            • frankur@att.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., pkrepcik@p... wrote:
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "RJMRAZIK" <RJMRAZIK@m...> wrote:

                > I've been trying to research the KREPCIK family and have been told
                by
                > our family that there is just the one blood line. I've found
                > KREPCIKS in Austria, Australia, Germany and the U.S. and have
                > information on quite a few of them but am having trouble finding
                > info. on ancestors beyond grandparents. I'm new to the Yahoo Groups
                > and geneology so ANY information you can give me concerning facts of
                > the KREPCIK family or how to go about locating more information
                would
                > be greatly appreciated. I found some info. thru the Ellis Island
                > passenger list but need to go back farther in time. Help!!

                You are correct that there is not much to go on.

                All 7 surname Krepcik listed in the Ellis Island database were from
                the same place in Czech-Bohemia, not from Slovakia.
                In Passenger Records letter S was often mistaken for letter L.

                Siegfeld (in German) was called Vite^zov in Czech and is located
                30 miles east of Prague (Praha) and 4 miles WNW of Kolín.
                Small settlement with no church.
                Nearest churches are located at Velim.

                The Czech telephone directory lists a Eva Krepciková under Praha.
                Krepciková is the feminine version of her family name Krepcik.

                Frank Kurcina
              • rpmrazik@msn.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
                  Well, it is quite a surprise & pretty neat to see my posting
                  OKULAS, LACHKOVICS and KREPCIK my "new" family surnames
                  from several months ago on the list again! Please note this e-mail address
                  for me (shown below) RJMRAZIK@... is no longer correct. It has been
                  changed to rpmrazik@... or you can contact me at digngen@...
                  I would be happy to share the information I have for these surnames! If you
                  are interested contact me directly at rpmrazik@... or you can contact me
                  at digngen@...
                  I look forward to hearing from you
                  Peggy Mrazik