OLD RECPIES/FAMILY SECRETS

  • jjmcbm
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2010
      The one thing dad will talk about is the food. Every time we have fresh green beans from our garden, all he can talk about is how his mother made a green bean soup with cream she got from the milk wagon. Also, a chicken soup with home made noodles. Said they were so poor he thinks his mom used the same chicken 3 or 4 times LOL. Does anybody have any of these old recipies. I'd sure like to get him that green bean soup. Maybe he'd be willing to talk some more.

      Thanks,
      John
    • Linda Coleman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2010
        Did any of you have dill gravy or tomato gravy? Mom made them.

        Uncle Jonas had a sausage factory and made the best German sausage ever.
        I hope his daughter still has the recipe.
      • JOHN MITRICSKA
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2010
          Dads family had an old raggedy smoker made from metal drums in the yard. They made the best kielbasa. I can remember the dining room table cover with a clean white sheet and, his sisters filling it with pirogi while they were filling them. The good ole days. If you get the sausage recipe, let me know.

          John