Re: [S-R] Family secrets

    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 29, 2010
      I uncovered a skeleton in the (neighbor's) closet in the course of my
      family search, one in which the family still strives to forget.

      I always advocate learning about friends and neighbors, as many times they
      share links back to the homeland.

      Well, in once case, a nameless immigrant neighbor in the US, from the same
      village as my immigrant, lost his sanity and ended up committing a family
      murder. He was jailed for life. When I dug into the family history and
      contacted descendants, they stonewalled me. Nothing good to talk about
      the past. Forget about it. Goodbye.

      My family says the family just "disappeared" one day. Nothing known.

      Oops.

      It's funny how we go into this very innocently with altruistic goals, but
      somehow we manage to step into the manure.

      Bill

      On Thu, April 29, 2010 9:45 am, J.B. Bulharowski wrote:
      > John:
      >
      > Sounds like the reactions my husband always got when questioning family
      > members regarding his Polish information/ancestry.
      > Unfortunately stories ARE lost and one has to piece things together as
      > best one can. Boy have we got mysteries...you would be surprised.
      >
      > JB

      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com
    • Marge Friel
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 30, 2010
        I could be speaking out of line, but my experience for PA has been that I indicate within my request for a death cert that I am doing genealogy and the person is somehow related to me....but, I've never requested for uncle, aunt, cousin,etc. only for grandparents and great grandparents.
        Marge