George Petrov

  • petrovi@nsppresov.sk
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
      My father`s uncle moved from East Slovakia, village Velky Folkmar (or
      Folkmar) to the USA before WWI. His name was George PETROV and the
      only information about him is the address on the envelope of his
      letter sent in 1953 : 141 Front St. Corning, NY. I think he had
      children .I search for his any descendants in the USA.
      Imrich
      mailto:petrovi@...
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, petrovi@n... wrote:
        > My father`s uncle moved from East Slovakia, village Velky Folkmar
        (or
        > Folkmar) to the USA before WWI. His name was George PETROV and the
        > only information about him is the address on the envelope of his
        > letter sent in 1953 : 141 Front St. Corning, NY. I think he had
        > children .I search for his any descendants in the USA.
        > Imrich
        > mailto:petrovi@n...

        ahoj Imrich

        Vel'ky' Folkmár (Sv) Nagysolymár (H)

        Parish church records (matriky)

        Lutheran (1783-1896)
        R.C. (1716-1920)
        G.C. (1787-1896)

        Expect surname was G.C. religion ?

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 7 surname Petrov
        and 2 surname Petrová under Vel'ky' Folkmár.

        U.S. telephone White Pages list 250+ surname Petrov under
        the State of New York (NY)

        http://www.go.com/People_Search/results?svx=WP_name_search&name_submit
        =search&uv3=&uv4=Petrov&uv5=&uv6=ny&uv7=us&x=28&y=20

        Judging from their first names, some of those listed bear the Russian
        (Rusky') surname |-| E T P O B , not a Slovak surname.

        No George Petrov from NY is listed in the U.S. Social Security Death

        He would be what if still alive , a 100 years ?
      • petrovi@nsppresov.sk
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1 3:45 AM
          Dear members of Slovak-Roots,
          a short history: I am searching on the Internet since March 2000 and
          on
          October 31st 2000 I addressed to Slovak-Roots the message, listed
          bellow.In December 2000 one lady from that area has found my very
          first message on the Internet(e-mailed in March )and contacted me.
          She found the daughter of my George Petrov.
          I`d like to ask a question:
          have You any experience (positive or negative)with FIRST CONTACT? I
          plan to post her a letter but I`m afraid of her response.
          Any advice will be appreciated.
          Imrich

        • petrovi@nsppresov.sk
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1 3:46 AM