Alien registration records - Dennis (and others!)

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 25, 2010
      Dennis, you wrote:

      "I just recieved my G-Grandfather's Alien Registration. I took about 4
      months to recieve. It took me right to his passenger list and correct
      date of arrival.

      I have collected all my G-grandparents passenger lists using various
      methods. This one cost $20.00."

      Can you elaborate on this? I am not familiar with ways to go about getting this record. If you could tell me what you did that is taking 4 months (yikes, I thought waiting 11 weeks for a death certificate was long!) and what those "various methods" are, I would really appreciate it.

      Thanks so much!
      Debbie
    • martha.andras
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 4, 2010
        Hi Betsey,

        Today I spoke with two people at the Schuylkill County Courthouse. They will send me the appropriate forms to request copies of the marriage and naturalization records. There is a fee but it is nominal. I'm hopeful the documents will contain more clues for my research. I can't thank you enough for finding the "creative spelling" of my great-grandparents surnames!

        I'll keep you posted!

        Martha