[S-R] Re: Zalobin

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2010
      Checked + and - a few years in both directions.

      Dennis
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
      wrote:

      > Dennis,
      > Did you confine your search to just 1891? I wrote that the "known"
      birth could be wrong. It is not unusual to find birth years to be off by
      several years. I would look + or - five years.
      > That is a start. Eventually, you may want to take the time to check
      all the images. Usually all the birth record are scattered among the
      images. The headings that you click on to bring them up usually tells
      the range of years for that group. But that is not a guarantee. I have
      found records that were out of the order listed. So, it is in the best
      interest of your search to look at all of the images to make sure you
      have not missed something.

      Gyurisin's.
      > No Vincent.
      >
      > Dennis
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" ddhalusker@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I have been using Juraj Cisarik's websites to locate affiliated
      parish
      > > records for the smaller villages in the Presov region of Slovakia.
      > >
      > > Unfortunatly, Zalobin is no where to be found....does
      > > anyone have information on this village. I am working on the
      > > Jurcisin surname.
      > >
      > > Thanks,Dennis

    • haluska
      Message 2 of 9 , May 23, 2010
        Bill,

        I was way of track. Just goes to show you how family info can get mixed
        up over the years. Try this on! "Wince Jurczyszyn"

        Never give up folks. Zalobin was something I had heard from family.
        Vince was from Rencisov.

        Parish : Rencisov (old names Rencsisso, Renczissow, Rencschicscho,
        Rencissow, Rentissow, Szinyefo)

        I will post some images in the files.

        Dennis

        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

        > Dennis,
        > No answers, just a few observations.
        >
        > The name VINCENT JURCISIN caught my attention. Where did you get the
        > spelling?
        > First, VINCENT is not a name indigenous to the town of Zalobin at all.
        > don't see a single one in the registers under any surname from 1870 to
        1898.
        > Male given names found in the GYURCSAN in the village include Josef,
        Janos,

        Message 3 of 9 , May 23, 2010
          I'm glad you finally hit pay dirt. We all learn from the mistakes we make,
          and that's goodness!
          Congrats!