Zalobin

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
      I have been using Juraj Cisarik's websites to locate affiliated parish
      records for the smaller villages in the Presov region of Slovakia.

      Unfortunatly, Zalobin is no where to be found....does
      anyone have information on this village. I am working on the
      Jurcisin surname.

      Thanks,Dennis
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
        From the 1995 Slovak Census. First the list of names that Zalobin has been known as. Second a list of surnames found in Zalobin.
        Zalobin is almost due East of the large city of Presov in eastern Slovakia. It is on the south end of the reservoir Vodna Nadrz Velka Domasa. Three villages are so close to one another they are almost one; Zalobin, Mala Domasa and Slovenska Kajna.
        2841 Zalobín VT/PV zemplín.
        1773 Zsalobina, Zalobin, 1786 Zschalobina, 1808 Zsalobina, Zalobina, 1863, 1888-1902 Zsalobina, 1873-1882 Zsalubina, 1907-1913 Újszomotor, 1920- Zalobín

        V obci ZALOBÍN (okr. VRANOV NAD TOPLOU) sa v roku 1995 nachádzali najcastejsie tieto priezviská: GOROLOVÁ 31×; GOROL 29×; IGNÁCOVÁ 24×; MRAZIKOVÁ 21×; IGNÁC 20×; MRAZÍKOVÁ 18×; MRAZIK 18×; TKÁCOVÁ 13×; TOMÁSOVÁ 11×; MRAZÍK 11×; JUHÁS 11×; DUDÁS 10×; BENOVÁ 9×; BENO 9×; KARCHOVÁ 9×; TOMÁS 9×; FECKOVIC 9×; FECKOVICOVÁ 9×; PISKOROVÁ 8×; TOROK 8×; TOROKOVÁ 8×; CALFOVÁ 8×; CALFA 7×; GOFFA 7×; DUPALOVÁ 7×; TIRPÁK 7×; KARCH 7×; POPOVÁ 6×; LUKÁC 6×; GOFFOVÁ 6×; FERENCOVÁ 6×; TIRPÁKOVÁ 6×; GAJDOSOVÁ 6×; BURCÁK 5×; TKÁC 5×; STAFURA 5×; NOVÁK 5×; CONKA 5×; VRABEL 5×; HORNÝ 5×; NOVÁKOVÁ 5×; KOZLOVSKÁ 5×; FERENC 5×; STEGER 5×; JUHÁSOVÁ 4×; VRABLOVÁ 4×; BUKEROVÁ 4×; TOMCÁKOVÁ 4×; BALÁZ 4×; HUDÁK 4×; RACOK 4×; KIMOVÁ 4×; BRECKOVÁ 4×; BUKERA 4×; CIGÁNOVÁ 4×; BARNA 4×; BANÍK 4×; MISALKOVÁ 4×; STEGEROVÁ 4×; LUKÁCOVÁ 4×; POP 4×; SAROVÁ 4×; BRECKO 4×; GAJDOS 4×; STAFUROVÁ 4×; RUSINKOVÁ 4×; MIHALCINOVÁ 4×; MISALKO 3×; BABJAK 3×; STANOVCÁK 3×; CONKOVÁ 3×; BURCÁKOVÁ 3×; GREC 3×; HUDÁKOVÁ 3×; GRECOVÁ 3×; MAJERCINOVÁ 3×; JEVCÁK 3×; BARNOVÁ 3×; KOVÁCOVÁ 3×; KOTLÁR 3×; JANIC 3×; KIMA 3×; TURTÁK 3×; FUNKET 3×; HALKOVÁ 3×; JANICOVÁ 3×; HORNÁ 3×; RUSINKO 3×; KOVÁC 3×; SARO 3×; KOVÁCSOVÁ 3×; POPOVICOVÁ 3×; BOHANICOVÁ 3×; HUNCÁR 3×; MIHALCIN 3×; KOVÁCS 3×; PISKOR 3×; DUDÁSOVÁ 3×; SUKELOVÁ 2×; BABJAKOVÁ 2×, ...

        http://en.e-obce.sk/obec/zalobin/zalobin.html Here is an informational page on Zalobin. Here you will find a link to the town's webpage. It is in Slovak. On the left side at the bottom is "Fotogaleria" that you can click on and look at. There is also two e-mail addresses. These usually go to City Hall. Because English is taught as the second language you can write them. Keep the sentences simple. Someone in town should be able to read it.

        The surname Jurcisin goes by two spellings. The first spelling 22 listings and the second 343 listings. The first word is the town name. If followed by "(obec NAME) it is an area in a town, the NAME. If followed by "okr. NAME" the okr. is the name of the district the town is in. As you can see the town of Bardjov and its area of Dlha Luka have a large number of Jurcisin living there. Unfortunately, none were living in Zalobin.
        Priezvisko JURCISÍN sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 22×, celkový pocet lokalít: 13, v lokalitách:
        BARDEJOV, okr. BARDEJOV - 4×;
        DLHÁ LÚKA (obec BARDEJOV), okr. BARDEJOV - 4×;
        RESOV, okr. BARDEJOV - 3×;
        DEMJATA, okr. PRESOV - 2×;
        SALGOVÍK (obec PRESOV), okr. PRESOV - 1×;
        SIROKÉ, okr. PRESOV - 1×;
        ZILINA, okr. ZILINA - 1×;
        BÁNOVÁ (obec ZILINA), okr. ZILINA - 1×;
        HUMENNÉ, okr. HUMENNÉ - 1×;
        KOBYLY, okr. BARDEJOV - 1×;
        KYSAK, okr. KOSICE-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 KOSICE - OKOLIE) - 1×;
        PAPÍN, okr. HUMENNÉ - 1×;
        VELKÝ SARIS, okr. PRESOV - 1×;

        Priezvisko JURCISIN sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 343×, celkový pocet lokalít: 83, najcastejsie výskyty v lokalitách:
        DLHÁ LÚKA (obec BARDEJOV), okr. BARDEJOV - 60×;
        BARDEJOV, okr. BARDEJOV - 30×;
        RESOV, okr. BARDEJOV - 19×;
        PRESOV, okr. PRESOV - 18×;
        SIROKÉ, okr. PRESOV - 15×;
        STROPKOV, okr. SVIDNÍK (od r. 1996 STROPKOV) - 11×;
        NIZNÝ KOMÁRNIK, okr. SVIDNÍK - 10×;
        HERMANOVCE, okr. PRESOV - 7×;
        HUMENNÉ, okr. HUMENNÉ - 6×;
        NIZNÁ VOLA, okr. BARDEJOV - 6×;

        The records for Zalobin are available online. They are Roman Catholic Records in the FHL online pilot project. http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/#start 1) Click on this link. 2) Click on Browse our record collection. 3) Click on the arrow right of All Regions (168). 4) Click on Europe (47). 5) Click on Browse Collection to the right. 6) Scroll down to Slovakia, click on the second heading. 7) Click on Roman Catholic, scroll down to Zalobin. 8) Click on Zalobin, then click on record heading to view.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
          Thanks guys for the information.

          I am searching for Vincent Yurchisin/Jurcisin born 1891 in Zalobin. I
          checked RC and GC records with no luck. I did find a couple Gyurisin's.
          No Vincent.

          Dennis

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

          > I have been using Juraj Cisarik's websites to locate affiliated parish
          > records for the smaller villages in the Presov region of Slovakia.
          >
          > Unfortunatly, Zalobin is no where to be found....does
          > anyone have information on this village. I am working on the
          > Jurcisin surname.
          >
          > Thanks,Dennis

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
            Dennis,
            Did you confine your search to just 1891? I wrote that the "known" birth could be wrong. It is not unusual to find birth years to be off by several years. I would look + or - five years.
            That is a start. Eventually, you may want to take the time to check all the images. Usually all the birth record are scattered among the images. The headings that you click on to bring them up usually tells the range of years for that group. But that is not a guarantee. I have found records that were out of the order listed. So, it is in the best interest of your search to look at all of the images to make sure you have not missed something.

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
              Dennis,
              No answers, just a few observations.

              The name VINCENT JURCISIN caught my attention. Where did you get the
              spelling?
              First, VINCENT is not a name indigenous to the town of Zalobin at all. I
              don't see a single one in the registers under any surname from 1870 to 1898.
              Male given names found in the GYURCSAN in the village include Josef, Janos,
              Adam, Mihaly, Andreas and Pal over a 30 year period.
              Second, I think the spelling GYURCSAN MAY have been "correct" for that time
              period, a Magyar rendering.
              Regards,

              Bill

              I am searching for Vincent Yurchisin/Jurcisin born 1891 in Zalobin. I
              checked RC and GC records with no luck. I did find a couple Gyurisin's.
              No Vincent.

              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

              > I have been using Juraj Cisarik's websites to locate affiliated parish
              > records for the smaller villages in the Presov region of Slovakia.
              >
              > Unfortunatly, Zalobin is no where to be found....does
              > anyone have information on this village. I am working on the
              > Jurcisin surname.
              >
              > Thanks,Dennis

            • haluska
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 14, 2010
                My Aunt recently passed away and she had told me her father's name was
                Vincent Yuchisin. I was haveing touples with Vincent also but she
                insisted. The various spellings of the surname I picked up from poking
                around on-line.

                Other than that and the name of the village that is all I can say at
                this time.I do have his SS death entry, someplace.

                Thanks for your interest.

                Dennis

                <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

                > Dennis,
                > No answers, just a few observations.
                >
                > The name VINCENT JURCISIN caught my attention. Where did you get the
                > spelling?
                > First, VINCENT is not a name indigenous to the town of Zalobin at all.
                > don't see a single one in the registers under any surname from 1870 to
                1898.
                > Male given names found in the GYURCSAN in the village include Josef,
                Janos,
                > Adam, Mihaly, Andreas and Pal over a 30 year period.
                > Second, I think the spelling GYURCSAN MAY have been "correct" for that
                time
                > period, a Magyar rendering.
                > Regards,
                >
                > Bill

              • haluska
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 14, 2010
                  Checked + and - a few years in both directions.

                  Dennis
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Dennis,
                  > Did you confine your search to just 1891? I wrote that the "known"
                  birth could be wrong. It is not unusual to find birth years to be off by
                  several years. I would look + or - five years.
                  > That is a start. Eventually, you may want to take the time to check
                  all the images. Usually all the birth record are scattered among the
                  images. The headings that you click on to bring them up usually tells
                  the range of years for that group. But that is not a guarantee. I have
                  found records that were out of the order listed. So, it is in the best
                  interest of your search to look at all of the images to make sure you
                  have not missed something.

                • haluska
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 23, 2010
                    Bill,

                    I was way of track. Just goes to show you how family info can get mixed
                    up over the years. Try this on! "Wince Jurczyszyn"

                    Never give up folks. Zalobin was something I had heard from family.
                    Vince was from Rencisov.

                    Parish : Rencisov (old names Rencsisso, Renczissow, Rencschicscho,
                    Rencissow, Rentissow, Szinyefo)

                    I will post some images in the files.

                    Dennis

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 23, 2010
                      I'm glad you finally hit pay dirt. We all learn from the mistakes we make,
                      and that's goodness!
                      Congrats!