Please Discontinue Off-Topic Discussions

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      There has been an uptick in off-topic (non-genealogy) questions. In order
      to be respectful of the 1,000 subscribers who come here for genealogy
      topics, I must ask that you discontinue off-topic issues like drivers and
      airlines to more appropriate forums such as
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World/ which are more suitable.

      Please review our guidelines which you received when you first joined the
      group.

      Thanks for understanding.

      Bill
    • William F Brna
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
        I have flown twice to Krakow via LOT from Chicago. The only problem that
        I had was the duration of the flight - ten hours.
        Additionally, on my last return trip to the US in August, 2009, the plane
        was at the airport in Krakow
        for some two hours undergoing normal servicing. We departed thirty five
        minutes late. Shortly after take-off the pilot told us that we were
        making an unscheduled stop in Warsaw, to refuel! One would think that
        the plane could have been refueled in Krakow, after all it was a ten hour
        transatlantic flight. We did, however, go to Warsaw and refueled. It
        made a normal ten hour flight slightly longer since we were not permitted
        off the plane. I don't know, maybe the fuel was cheaper in Warsaw!

        Bill Brna
        Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bbe09cede1fd26dbam06vuc