airline question

  • sharond
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
      I would like to thank all of you who responded to my last inquiry, very helpful. I would now like to know if any of you have ever flown with LOT - the Polish Airline? Internationally I have only been on KLM and thought the service was wondeful.
    • billski
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
        This subject is off topic. Kindly do not reply.

        Thank you for understanding.

        Bill Tarkulich
        Moderator
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
          Hi Folks,

          There has been an uptick in off-topic (non-genealogy) questions. In order
          to be respectful of the 1,000 subscribers who come here for genealogy
          topics, I must ask that you discontinue off-topic issues like drivers and
          airlines to more appropriate forums such as
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Slovak-World/ which are more suitable.

          Please review our guidelines which you received when you first joined the
          group.

          Thanks for understanding.

          Bill
        • William F Brna
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
            I have flown twice to Krakow via LOT from Chicago. The only problem that
            I had was the duration of the flight - ten hours.
            Additionally, on my last return trip to the US in August, 2009, the plane
            was at the airport in Krakow
            for some two hours undergoing normal servicing. We departed thirty five
            minutes late. Shortly after take-off the pilot told us that we were
            making an unscheduled stop in Warsaw, to refuel! One would think that
            the plane could have been refueled in Krakow, after all it was a ten hour
            transatlantic flight. We did, however, go to Warsaw and refueled. It
            made a normal ten hour flight slightly longer since we were not permitted
            off the plane. I don't know, maybe the fuel was cheaper in Warsaw!

            Bill Brna
            Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bbe09cede1fd26dbam06vuc