Re: Maria Pilat 1857 Remenye/Remeniny

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
      Dennis,

      This is why I proposed looking at Steve Morse' Cyrillic website.
      http://stevemorse.org/russian/cyrprintcurs.html?font=print

      When I find a family name in Cyrillic I plan on working it up on the Morse site in Cursive Cyrillic, large and small case. Then in the future I expect it will be easier to recognize the same name again, even if it is 6 months from now and there was a change in priests and in personal handwriting.

      Just a suggestion -

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

      > Jacques,
      >
      > Thanks for the confirmation! Because it is written I am having trouble
      > seeing it. I thought cyrillic possibly.
      >
      > Dennis
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret" <jacques.cotteret@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Dennis, It is written in Cyrillic Handscript.Yes Peter Pilat is quoted
      > and so is Maria Gacha.
      > >
      > > Have a nice day
      > >
      > > Jacques
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" ddhalusker@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I recieved a birth entry from the village of Remeniny from my cousin
      > > > the other day and I have yet to come across script of this nature.
      > > >
      > > > We/I have some troubles with translation as I only can google at
      > this
      > > > point. Can you great people take a look at the file I posted for
      > Maria
      > > > Pilat 1857 and tell me please if this is the daughter of Peter Pilat
      > and
      > > > Maria Gaca. Maria is line 22 and I cut the line out to high light
      > it.
      > > >
      > > > I can only make out Maria and could read in Gaca if I tried hard.
      > The
      > > > house number is correct as is the village of Remeniny/Remenye.
      > > >
      > > > I wonder why her father is not listed or is he? Peter died in 1889
      > so he
      > > > should be mentioned by tradition,correct?
      > > >
      > > > I value all the input I can get from you guys,Thanks!
      > > >
      > > > Veselu Velku noc / Christos Voskrese!
      > > >
      > > > Dennis

    • haluska
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
        I use some of his other sites but I did not know he had this one!
        Thanks Ron
        Happy Easter to everyone!