Kluknava genealogy

  • Samuel O
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
      Hi

      I am doing a bit of research in the Kluknava records. I would be interested in finding other researchers with connections to this area.

      Richnavsky
      Papcun
      Matuscak
      Magda
      Podracky
      Glova
      Lablanc
      Vascak
      Susa

      Usa connections in Youngstown, Ohio and Sharon, Pennsylvania.

      Samuel Ontko
      Sandusky Ohio

      (Don't you hate it when all the email address on genealogy posts no longer work? Don't you remeber when people had the same phone number for all of there life? Don't you remember when you only had to dial 4 numbers to call someone?)
    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
        Dear Samuel:

        Please write me directly at _David1Law@..._ (mailto:David1Law@...)
        . I recognize a number of the surnames that you mention, including
        Richnavsky, Papcun, Matuscak, Magda, Vascak. One of my friends, Richard Ganofsky,
        who is also a distant relative of mine who I met while researching the
        Kluknava records, has a Vascak in his ancestral line. The Vascak, Richnavsky,
        Matuscak and Glova surnames appear among the godparents in my family,and
        the Papcun and Magda surnames appear in my extended family. So 5 out of 9
        isn't bad. LOL. Below are the list of surnames in my direct lineage. I
        would be happy to share any information that I have regarding Kluknava and
        any other research that I have come across.

        I also know an Ontko family in Brooklyn, Ohio. I am curious if there is
        any relation to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

        Best regards,

        David

        Researching: BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, CUJ (CSUJ) HAMRAK, HARBALY,
        HARENCAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS,
        ONDERCIN, RUSBACKY, TKACS, TOMASOV (and variant spellings thereof) in SARIS
        County (villages of VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA, and SIROKE), in SPIS (villages of
        SPISSKE VLACHY, KLUKNAVA, RICHNAVA, KALAVA, VITAZ, OVCIE, DOMANOVCE, SPISSKE
        HRHOV, STARY SMOKOVEC (MLYNICA), and in GEMER County (village of ROZNAVA,
        BRZOTIN, and surrounding area)

      • John Magyari
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
          I would also be interested in this area.

          Richnavsky
          Kluknava (Kluko, Szepes Merge, Austria-Hungary)

          Thanks,
          John Magyari
          www.lipowiec.org
          Researching
          Lipowiec (near Jasliska), Sanok, Austria-Hungary
          "Kokenyes, Maramaros Megye, Austria Hungary" and Kokenyes,
          "Balazsvagas, Saros Megye, Austria Hungary",
          "Otvosfalva, Maramaros Megye, Austria Hungary"
          On cousin side