Re: [S-R] Families from Osada, Slovakia (Arva County)?

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
      Hi Pamela - i have 7 people listing roots in Osada  ORAVA in the Slovak Pride data base and one lists the surname of Dlabik - get back to me directly at helenezx@... if you want more info.

      helene

      ________________________________
      From: pschwartz2002 <pschwartz2002@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, March 27, 2010 2:14:38 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Families from Osada, Slovakia (Arva County)?

      Hello everyone,
      I'm new here and my Slovak family is from Osada, Slovakia. I am aware that the old village is now underwater (now the Orava Dam). My Great Grandmother Alzbeta left Osada with her husband Jan and their newborn daughter Mariska (my Grandmother) in May 1921. I know they left family behind in Osada and I am looking to connect my tree with any living relatives. I have a few pictures showing many relatives and a few letters that seems to be written in Slovak.

      looking for family of Stephan DLABIK
      Married Johanna JANECIK

      Children:
      John
      Stephan
      Michael
      Wendel
      Theodore
      Peter
      Mary
      Johanna
      Rosalie
      Anastasia
      Apolonia
      Margaret
      Alsbeta (Elizabeth) b. Nov. 16, 1900. (my Great Grandmother)
      Immigrated to USA through Ellis Island and settled in Plainfield, NJ. with her husband Jan (John) Guczky (Americanized name is now Goodski)

      Looking forward to share and swap information!
      Pamela Schwartz