Surname in Bulgaria

  • Tom Geiss
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2010
      Ran into an interesting problem. While searching for the surname GURKO, on facebook, I managed to get a facebook pal named DIMA GURKOVA, who doesn't know English, (and I don't know Bulgarian). Well I got rescued today by my brilliant friend JAN FIFIK of Kosice, who knew enough Bulgarian to translate her message.
      I did find a FREE internet translation service (if I can figure out how to use it"?? But, the problem, as I see it, is with the keyboards, since Bulgarian seems to have a different alphabet.
      Gurko is an interesting name. Someone told me that she thinks they are GURKO in Poland, and elsewhere, and GURKA in Slovakia????
      Tom

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2010
        Tom,
        In the 1995 Slovak Census there was ONE Gurko and 98 Gurka.