Re: [S-R] Re: found some info but now i need help---again!

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2010
      Lucky you, Bezovce has it's own website -- no English translation; however, if you click around you'll quickly get familiar with the links:
      http://www.bezovce.sk/
      Here is a map:
      http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/kosice/sobrance/bezovce/
      Nearest city is Uzhgorod, Ukraine.
      Now you should find the church records at Family History Library and look for your surname to confirm that location is correct (and for spellings).

      Caye

      From: John <johnqadam@yahoo. com>

      Subject: [S-R] Re: found some info but now i need help---again!

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Saturday, March 13, 2010, 10:01 PM

      >>> i recognized my grandfathers name the way he wrote it in his bible. Zseleyz. i believe this is a baptismal record but i don't understand WHO. it's dated january 29 & 30 1880. i believe it says the baby was born jan 29 and baptized 30th. <<<

      You are looking at the Hungarian version.

      Actually, Janos Zselyecz was a godparent to Mihaly Simko, born 29 January 1880.

      Close but no cigar.