Re: [S-R] Re: Drenguba, Busella

  • Bill Berry
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
      Sorry, I should have mentioned all the information I do have.  I know what village in Hungary the Drengubas came from (Ruda-Banyacska).  I am mostly looking for birth or marriage records from that particular village, I guess.
      Thanks for the map info.  I'll check that out.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
        I also have the ship passenger list showing Drenguba and Maria Busella.  However, that's all I have of Busella.  I assume she was from the same general area as Drenguba.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
          >>> I also have the ship passenger list showing . . . Maria Busella. <<<

          Please advise how the name was transcribed. What year? I can't see it on Ellis Island so I must be missing something.
        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
            Bill,
            The Slovak 1995 Census had no Busella listing. The alternative it gave was Butella, of which there were four living in Slovakia in 1995. Two lived in Moldava nad Bodvou and two lived in Kosice.
            The Slovak 1995 Census had 5 Drenguba listings. There were four in Kosarovce and one in Vitazovce. They are close to one another.
            At another website I found in Kosarovce in 2008 there was a couple with the name Drenguba living there.
            Ellis Island had only 5 listings for Drenguba and Drengubak, 2 were from Rudabanyacska which is now:
            Sátoraljaújhely (archaic German: Neustadt am Zeltberg (help·info); Slovak: Nové Mesto pod Šiatrom; Yiddish: איהעל (ihel) or אוהעלי (Oheley)) is a town located in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county in northern Hungary near the Slovak border. It is 82 km (51 mi) east from the county capital Miskolc.

            From: Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...>
            To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 1:38 PM

            Bill,

            In the 1995 Slovak Census there were no listing for Buselola or Busella. The offered alternative was Butella:

            Priezvisko BUTELLA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 4×, celkový pocet lokalít: 3, v lokalitách:

            MOLDAVA NAD BODVOU, okr. KOSICE-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 KOSICE - OKOLIE) - 2×;

            JUH (obec KOSICE), okr. KOSICE - 1×;

            SEVER (obec KOSICE), okr. KOSICE - 1×;

            In 1995 there were only 4 listing for Butella. Two in the town of Moldava nad Bodvou, Kosice District. And two in the city of Kosice in Kosice District. The Juh and Sever areas of the city of Kosice

            Ellis Island had 14 listings for Butella. Five of them said they came from Balazser, Hungary. No luck finding it.

            Priezvisko DRENGUBÁK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 5×, celkový pocet lokalít: 2, v lokalitách:

            KOSAROVCE, okr. VRANOV NAD TOPLOU (od r. 1996 HUMENNÉ) - 4×;

            VÍTAZOVCE, okr. HUMENNÉ - 1×;

            These two villages are very close to one another. They are near the reservoir Vodna Nadrz Velka Domasa northeast of Presov.

            Kosarovce

            county: Humenné

            OLD NAMES of the village(town) : 1773 Kosarocz, Kossarowcze, 1786 Koscharóz, Koscharowce, 1808 Kosárócz, Kossárowce, 1863-1902 Kosaróc, 1907-1913 Kosárvágása, 1920 Kosiarovce, Kosarovce, 1927- Kosarovce

            In 2008 one Drengubak and one Drengubakova were living here.

            Ellis Island listings:

            Drenguba, Josef 25 1867 1892 view view view view view

            2 Drenguba, Jozsef R banyacska 39 1865 1904 view view view view view

            3 Drenguba, Julia Rudobanyacska 17 1889 1906 view view view view view

            4 Drengubak, Imre Vagdohnta, Hungary 28 1879 1907 view view view view view

            5 Drengubak, Josef Kaurecsvayas 27 1874 1901 view view view view view

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2010
              Bill,
              Knowing that Rudabanyacska is present day Satoraljaujhely, Hungary means you are going to have to go to a Hungarian Archive to search for this branch of your family.
              http://www.wideweb.hu/hungary/hungarians-abroad/genealogy this site has a list.