Church Records Presov-Makara

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2 7:25 AM
      Hi Curt,

      I am pretty sure Maria Makara, who died in 1869 at age 77, calculated birth 1792, was the grandmother of my husbands grandfather, Stefan Makara/Mackara. I don't think she was born in Eperjes,because I looked at the birth records from abt 1790 to 1803. Her husband Michael Makara was born 1797or 1792 in Uzovske Peklany, he died in 1852 in Eperjes/Presov. Her maidenname could have been Dohäzsak/ Dochan/Duchan. At this time I have no idea where she is from. And I am still looking for some sort of confirmation of that.

      Your answer has helped me a lot. Thank you so much for your time and expertise. That's just what I was looking for, Hospice or Hospital for the infirm and elderly. It didn't get me anywhere, but I know now what it means, great!

      Thank you again so much,

      Christine