Re: [S-R] SUCHE/SZUHA

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 11:07 PM
      Since Suche is only about 7 km from Michalovce I would search there. The GC records of Michalovce are online.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 11:27 PM
        Thanks so much Michael! I will check it out. I have been successful in finding several family members through the online records in other villages. It takes awhile & some of it is almost impossible to read but if you know what you are looking for you will become used to how the records are written. Perseverance!! Have a good night!
        Martha

        > Since Suche is only about 7 km from Michalovce I would search there. The GC records of Michalovce are online.

      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2 5:01 AM
          There are several villages that might qualify, but I'm pretty sure you are
          looking for the one just west of Michalovce in old Zemplen megye. The Greek
          Catholic records for this small village are with those for Rakocz (Hungarian
          name)/Rakovec Nad Ondavou (Slovak name).

          Occasionally LDS gets mixed up, and this is one of those instances. It would
          have led you to Mezolaborcz, in the far north end of Zemplen. But that was
          for the village of Szuko, not Szuha. (Their title notes also say those are
          Roman Catholic records when they are really Greek Catholic.)

          Janet

          _____

          Hi! Can anyone tell me where to find the GC records for SUCHE (old name
          (SZUHA)on the family search Pilot? Thanks!

          Martha

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2 6:10 AM
            Interesting. It is a long way by road but there is a trail through the hills from Suche to Rakovec. The straight line distance is 4 km but the path would be a bit longer.