Re: [S-R] Re: Need Information on Stanislav Bodnovich

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2010
      http://en.e-obce.sk/obec/rudnany/rudnany.html Information website on Rudnany

      From: Patrick Rouan
      Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 7:15 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Patrick A. Rouan
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Need Information on Stanislav Bodnovich

      Thank you for responding to my email on Slovak-Roots. Here is the information I have been able to gather:

      Stephen
      Stanislav, my maternal grandfather, was born June 10, 1881 in Koterba,
      Spiska Zupa, Slovakia. He came to the United States around 1900. He
      had 4 siblings, George, Veronica, Mary and Catherine. He was the son of
      Stephen Stanislav, born in the same location in 1845. His mother's
      maiden name was Catherina Kalafut, also born in Koterba in 1851. Her
      father's name was Andreas Kalafut. I am not sure where he was born or
      anything else about him. I know nothing about her mother.

      My
      maternal grandmother, Anna Bodnovich was also born in Koterba in 1891
      and came to the United States around 1910. Her father Andrej Bodnovich
      was born in Koterba in 1855 and died there ( I think) on April 28,
      1944. Her mother was Julia Vogner. I know nothing else about her. Anna
      had 4 siblings, Andrew, John, Julia and Susan.

      I know they
      attended the Greek Catholic Church when they settled in Youngstown,
      Ohio in the early 1910's so I suspect that is the faith they practiced
      in Slovakia.

      Any further information or leads you can supply
      would be sincerely appreciated. I am also interested if there may
      still be some distant relatives in the region I can potentially contact.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2010
        >>> Stephen Stanislav . . . His mother's maiden name was Catherina Kalafut . . . My maternal grandmother, Anna Bodnovich . . . Her mother was Julia Vogner [sic]. <<<

        SLOVAK TELEPHONE WHITE PAGES
        You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone listing by looking them up in the phone book white pages at http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/

        To use the search engine, you need to complete all the letters of last name e.g.: Adam or Adamova. There is no English version of the web page.

        Peter Nagy offers English-language instructions http://www.centroconsult.sk/facilities/phonewp.html

        STANISLAV(OVA) appears 41X in Rudnany. KALAFUT(OVA) appears 32X in Rudnany. BODNOVICOVA appears 2X in Rudnany and BUDNOVIC once in nearby Markusovce. VAGNER apperas only once in Spisska Nova Ves and then much further away.

        Based upon that information we can be fairly certain of having the correct village.
      • John
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2010
          Try VAGNER.