RE: [S-R] Vaclav Szalenka query

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2010
      The Hungarian forms of these tiny neighboring villages were Peszer and
      Tolmacs in old Bars county. Roman Catholic records for Tolmacs are found
      with the town of Garam-Szollos, 1754-1895. Those for Peszer are with
      Szent-Benedek, 1818-1949. The microfilms can be rented at your local Family
      History Center (www.familysearch.org <http://www.familysearch.org/> ) and
      you should be able to trace both families in those records.

      Janet

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2010
        Thanks John - this is very helpful.  Sorry, the religion was Roman - Catholic for both.  Unfortunately, I live in UK - how would I go about ordering the films? I suspect the films are only available 'in person' - is there any service or anyone who I can ask to view the films on my behalf?

        Again, thank you for your help.

        Kind regards, Sylvia

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2010
          Hi,