[[SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: Church records]

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Reta Psikla <reta_p@a...> wrote:
      > Frank:
      > Could you please tell me if the LDS (Mormon) church has done the RC
      parish
      > records from Podbiel Orava, Slovakia?
      > I would appreciate the information.
      > thanks
      > Reta

      Funny that you should ask about Podbiel (Sv) Podbjel (H) Oravaska,
      Slovensko; A'rava (H), Hungary since I also have sunrames in the
      parish church records, as well as under Tvrdos^in.
      As far as I know the LDS has not filmed the records, but have never
      persued where its records actually are located ?
      There are plenty of Jewish community records for Podbiel under Dolny'
      KubĂ­n.

      The online LDS FH Library catalog is up to date only as of August
      1999.

      So call the international desk 800 number at LDS HQ in Salt Lake City
      and ask Sylvie Pysnaková where the R.C. parish records for Podbiel
      are
      to be found ?
      1-800-453-3860, extension 2881.

      Good luck !