OLSAVSKY , KUCZKO and FURAJTAR in PRESOV

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22 7:01 AM
      Success in finding another ancestor for our grandfather Stefan Makara from Presov

      I also believe that I found the connection "Olsavsky and Kuczko". Great Grandmother Maria Olsavsky was born 18 Nov 1827 in Presov. Her mother was the second wife of Georgius Olsavsky, Maria Ful(r?)ajtar. He had married her 25 July 1826.
      Both Georgius Olsavsky and Maria Furajtar died in, he in 1862 , she in 1863, in Presov, Calvaria alatt199. Same address as Joannes Makara and Maria Olsavsky.

      The first wife of Georgius Olsavsky, Maria Kuczko, had died 22 April 1826 in Presov. Maria Kuczko had married Georg Olsavsky, 8 November 1807

      Exactly why, as young mother in 1851, at the birth of a daughter, greatgrandmother Maria Olsavsky added Kuczko to her name, I don't know. But maybe the father Joannes Makara, added that, and he didn't know differently. There was a Kuczko Family in Presov, but I didn't see the name Furajtar in Presov around that time. So maybe the Makara's were closer to the Kuczko family. Maria O. probably had a brother Andreas Olsavsky, born 15 Nov 1822 in Presov, son of Georgius Olsavsky and Maria Kuczko. Maria Kuczko probably died in childbirth, because her 3 week old baby son also died 15 May 1826

      Christine