[S-R] Re: 2010 Olympic Ice Hockey

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
      Oh, it is a huge rivalry.Whenever Slovakia plays The Czech Republic in
      any sport competition.

      Right from the beginning it was very hard hitting.

      Tonight Slovakia plays Russia.........

      At least here on my Direct TV it will be live at 5:00 EST. broadcast on
      CNBC.

      POP THE CORN!

      Dennis

      2/18/2010 5:00 PM Womens Curling USA vs. Denmark (LIVE)
      Mens Ice Hockey Canada vs. Switzerland (LIVE)
      Mens Ice Hockey Slovakia vs. Russia (LIVE)
      Womens Ice Hockey – Russia vs. China (LIVE)

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...>
      wrote:

      > My son and my daughter both play (although they play because I was the
      fan from way back, not the other way around!). I even tried playing
      myself, strapping on the skates in my late thirties. The Czech Republic
      has some great players. I imagine Slovakia does too; I just haven't
      heard of as many because there seem to be more Czechs playing in the
      NHL. It's a great game, and I love to see the international play. Too
      bad some of the games are televised in the middle of the night!

      > Debbie
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, linda bishop lindabishop11@
      wrote:

      > > I too am a big hockey fan (have to be, my son plays) and am sorry I
      missed the game. My son has an exchange student on his team this year
      from the Czech Republic, it would have been fun to tease him about
      beating them.

      > > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: deeellessbee@
      > > Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:04:55 +0000
      > > Subject: [S-R] Re: 2010 Olympic Ice Hockey
      > >

      > > Hey! I'm always thrilled to find another hockey fan! I've been
      following hockey for years but it's not the most popular sport in this
      country, unfortunately. I haven't been able to watch much Olympic hockey
      (saw US/Switzerland, Canada/Norway, and the the US women's rout of
      Russia). Sounds like I missed a great game.