2010 Olympic Ice Hockey

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
      Final, Czech Republic 3 / Slovakia 1

      Although Slovakia lost it was tied into the third period. It was by far
      the most exciting game yet.
    • deeellessbee
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
        Hey! I'm always thrilled to find another hockey fan! I've been following hockey for years but it's not the most popular sport in this country, unfortunately. I haven't been able to watch much Olympic hockey (saw US/Switzerland, Canada/Norway, and the the US women's rout of Russia). Sounds like I missed a great game.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

        > Final, Czech Republic 3 / Slovakia 1
        >
        > Although Slovakia lost it was tied into the third period. It was by far
        > the most exciting game yet.

      • linda bishop
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
          I too am a big hockey fan (have to be, my son plays) and am sorry I missed the game. My son has an exchange student on his team this year from the Czech Republic, it would have been fun to tease him about beating them.

          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          From: deeellessbee@...
          Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:04:55 +0000
          Subject: [S-R] Re: 2010 Olympic Ice Hockey

          Hey! I'm always thrilled to find another hockey fan! I've been following hockey for years but it's not the most popular sport in this country, unfortunately. I haven't been able to watch much Olympic hockey (saw US/Switzerland, Canada/Norway, and the the US women's rout of Russia). Sounds like I missed a great game.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

          > Final, Czech Republic 3 / Slovakia 1
          >
          > Although Slovakia lost it was tied into the third period. It was by far
          > the most exciting game yet.

        • deeellessbee
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
            My son and my daughter both play (although they play because I was the fan from way back, not the other way around!). I even tried playing myself, strapping on the skates in my late thirties. The Czech Republic has some great players. I imagine Slovakia does too; I just haven't heard of as many because there seem to be more Czechs playing in the NHL. It's a great game, and I love to see the international play. Too bad some of the games are televised in the middle of the night!

            Debbie

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, linda bishop <lindabishop11@...> wrote:

            > I too am a big hockey fan (have to be, my son plays) and am sorry I missed the game. My son has an exchange student on his team this year from the Czech Republic, it would have been fun to tease him about beating them.
            >

            > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
            > From: deeellessbee@...
            > Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:04:55 +0000
            > Subject: [S-R] Re: 2010 Olympic Ice Hockey
            >

            > Hey! I'm always thrilled to find another hockey fan! I've been following hockey for years but it's not the most popular sport in this country, unfortunately. I haven't been able to watch much Olympic hockey (saw US/Switzerland, Canada/Norway, and the the US women's rout of Russia). Sounds like I missed a great game.
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Final, Czech Republic 3 / Slovakia 1
            > >
            > > Although Slovakia lost it was tied into the third period. It was by far
            > > the most exciting game yet.

          • haluska
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18, 2010
              Oh, it is a huge rivalry.Whenever Slovakia plays The Czech Republic in
              any sport competition.

              Right from the beginning it was very hard hitting.

              Tonight Slovakia plays Russia.........

              At least here on my Direct TV it will be live at 5:00 EST. broadcast on
              CNBC.

              POP THE CORN!

              Dennis

              2/18/2010 5:00 PM Womens Curling USA vs. Denmark (LIVE)
              Mens Ice Hockey Canada vs. Switzerland (LIVE)
              Mens Ice Hockey Slovakia vs. Russia (LIVE)
              Womens Ice Hockey – Russia vs. China (LIVE)

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...>