Word Help? POHRIVANI or POHRBIVANI

  • koudelkadaniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010
      This word does not seem to transulate with google transulate
      it my be spelled wrong it is used in a sentence as follows
      A society for the Pohrivani.
      The original (in Czech) with my transulated version is in the photo section titled Koudelka Surname
      Thanks all for any help
      Dan Koudelka
    • Anabeth Dollins
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010
        Dan -- you left out a word in the phrase. It's 'pohrivani zehem.' Not that I
        can translate that, either. You ought to ask one of the Czech groups for
        help.

        Anabeth

        On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM, koudelkadaniel <koudelkadaniel@...>wrote:

        > This word does not seem to transulate with google transulate
        > it my be spelled wrong it is used in a sentence as follows
        > A society for the Pohrivani.
        > The original (in Czech) with my transulated version is in the photo section
        > titled Koudelka Surname
        > Thanks all for any help
        > Dan Koudelka

      • Joe Armata
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010
          She was a member of the Spolek pro pohrbivani zehem, meaning the
          Cremation Society (literally, Society for Burial by Cremation). Also,
          she was born in Breclav in Moravia, and lived in that land for 46 years
          (v teto zemi zila 46 rokou).

          Joe

          > This word does not seem to transulate with google transulate
          > it my be spelled wrong it is used in a sentence as follows
          > A society for the Pohrivani.
          > The original (in Czech) with my transulated version is in the photo section titled Koudelka Surname
          > Thanks all for any help
          > Dan Koudelka

        • Daniel Koudelka
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010
            Thank you so much Joe !
            That one i could not figure out, and also for Confirming Breclav i have been searching for info on breclav on LDS with no luck yet
            Did you hapen to notice on the other obit saying Casdorfu and have another document saying Gastorf  as His  birth town working
            on Kyzlirov was Gaisdorf  in 1900? sound Feasible?
            Thanks again
                                                              Dan Koudelka

            She was a member of the Spolek pro pohrbivani zehem, meaning the
            Cremation Society (literally, Society for Burial by Cremation).  Also,
            she was born in Breclav in Moravia, and lived in that land for 46 years
            (v teto zemi zila 46 rokou).

            Joe

            > This word does not seem to transulate with google transulate
            > it my be spelled wrong it is used in a sentence as follows
            > A society for the Pohrivani.
            > The original (in Czech) with my transulated version is in the photo section titled Koudelka Surname
            > Thanks all for any help
            > Dan Koudelka

          • deeellessbee
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010
              There's such a thing as a Cremation Society...???