RE: [S-R] Re: More than one last name

  • John/Cathy Cherry
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2010
      Thank you for your responses. Everyone is so kind to share their knowledge. It really helps when you are doing research outside of your culture and language base. What made me think that they were the same people was the sponsors were all the same in the 6 births. I just couldn't understand why they would use both names. It really helped to know that vel was or. There seems to be two brothers using Karabinos Kovaly. This was before they had house number on the baptism records. I am keeping another sheet of all the names I found for the families, where they live and what their house numbers were. It is helping put families together.

      You folks are the best! Thanks again.

      Cathy

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      From: david1law@...
      Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:12:15 -0500
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: More than one last name

      Dear Cathy:

      To follow-up on Curt's excellent point, it is best to look for the birth,
      marriage, and death records for any siblings, and thus be able to compare
      sponsors at baptism, witnesses at marriage, house numbers, etc.

      Best regards,

      David