Szent Ivanyi Nobility

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010
      A monastic cloistered nun in Pittsburgh has asked if I could assist in developing a connection in her family tree. She has no access to the outside world except via snail mail. No Internet. Not related to me.

      Back in 2001, Mark Sabol et al did a transcription project on Kolackov LDS records as well as the 1869 Hungarian Census. As well, other data has been gathered tying the Szent Ivanyi family to Niedzica, Poland in 1811. Sister Mary Elizabeth Steve has all that data going back to around 1800 in a masterfully done database, primarily by a younger sister.

      The question [as I understand it]:
      The Szent Ivanyi family had a connection in Kolackov, Slovakia and Niedicza Poland in the years around 1800. Family lore is that Szent Ivanyi branch was "nobility" and that it was from "Liptov" pre-1800 and pre-Niedicza.

      I am aware that Liptovsky Jan RC records show the Szent Ivanyi family name and go back as far as 1709. I have not researched those LDS church records.

      Is there a resource, probably Hungarian, that can connect Szent Ivanyi nobility of Liptov with Szent Ivanyi of Niedica and Kolackov?

      No, I don't read Hungarian.