Translation Help ...........Thanks

  • koudelkadaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2010
      I tried to translate the death notices of my grandparents with Google translate I think I got most of it but there's a few things I did not understand.
      I uploaded the obits with my translation to Photos on the site as Koudelka Surname
      There is a sentence
      (Byl èlenem Øádu Valata-Pokrok èís 66 C.S.A.
      Spolku pro pohøiváni)
      and i got......

      (HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE VLTAVA PROGRESS CIS 66 C.S.A.
      A SOCIETY FOR POHRIVANI) and Showed him from CASDORFU? Maybe Gasdorf / Hostka? 1900?
      I know the Valata is a river in Prague but not sure how used in this context seems like club or lodge?
      And my Grandmothers Obit says Born BICCLAVI MORAVIA i think this was
      her village any ideas Vaclavi /Rovensko pod Troskami ? as I believe her maiden name
      to be Tvrdy
      I put my translation up with it would you mind taking a look
      Thanks to all for your help
      Dan Koudelka