Fw: [S-R] Cemeteries

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2010
      Hi,
      I agree, I have 150 pictures of tombstones from my ancestors village cemetery in Poland, names from my maternal and paternal grandparents, it didn't help much without the birth dates from other sources, then again almost no help for wives, a lot were single stones, some with husband and wives, like you said you need their maiden names. Also so many brothers named their children the same, after fathers and uncles aunts brothers and sisters and there are many born in the same year and month so it is very difficult. I also found this when I began looking for ship manifests. In my opinion it's nice to have them but they are really not much use. (I traced the wrong grandfather for awhile because of the same name and year of birth)
      Barbara
      Message -----