TAMBURITZANS

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2010
      Hello All!

      I want to share a marvelous experience I had last Sunday watching the Dusquene University Tamburitzans put on a show in my town, Hazleton, PA. It was one of the most fascinating combinations of ethnic singing, dancing & instrument playing that I have ever heard. They choose music from all Eastern European countries - including Slovakia! The costumes are authentic and they sing in the language of that country. Very dedicated, talented young college students. They travel all over so if anyone has the opportunity to see them I highly recommend you take advantage of this unique cultural experience. Their website is www.duq.edu/Tamburitzans if you'd like to take a peek at their schedule. It gave me joy to think that my great-grandparents may have known how to dance or play an instrument in the "old country"!

      Martha