Re: Michael Kupecz /Kurimka

  • haluska
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
      Martha,

      Since your offer I have looked at the cemetery sites on-line and there
      was nothing.....( I knew that)

      Trouble is Michael Kupecz was not in this country very long and from
      what I do know he was pretty much alone at that point.

      At the Family search site http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp
      <http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp> I found his entire family
      which you will see below.

      There was no source given (Contributed by a Mormon)but Michael Jr. did
      come over and was headed to an aquaintence in Beaver Creek. He visited
      Cleveland once about 1930-39 or so. Where Mike Jr. died is probably Pa.
      also.....

      How Mike Sr. died in Kurimka and buried in Hazleton is a question (see
      below)

      I know he died in Hazleton...

      Husband
      Mihaly Kupecz Pedigree
      Birth: 1851 , , Hungary
      Christening: 09 NOV 1851 Grecko Katolicka,Kurimka,Scharolsch, ,
      Kis-Kukullo Megye, Hungary
      Marriage: 19 FEB 1875 Grecko Katolicka,Kurimka, Scharosch, Kis-Kukullo
      Megye, Hungary
      Death: 20 JUL 1893 Kurimka, Scharosch, Kis-Kukullo Megye, Hungary
      Burial: Hazleton, Luzerne, Pennsylvania

      Thanks, Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Dennis,
      >
      > You are welcome. If you ever find the information let me know & I'll
      be happy to take pictures. Our local library has many years of newspaper
      obituaries on microfilm. However, some years are missing due to a fire
      at the newspaper office before the records were given to the library.
      I'm fairly certain 1893 is one of the missing years because I need an
      obituary for that year. I'll double check & if I am wrong I will let you
      know.

      > Martha
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" ddhalusker@ wrote:
      > >

      > > No Martha,
      > >
      > > I do not know if he is burried there. The year was 1893 when Mike
      > > Sr.died and I have next to no information of his son Mike Jr. at
      this
      > > time. Thank you so much for the offer.
      > >
      > > Dennis
      > >

      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello Dennis,
      > > >
      > > > I live in Hazleton, PA. Do you know if Michael Kupecz buried here?
      If
      > > so, do you know where? When the weather breaks I would be willing to
      > > photograph his tombstone if I know where to look.
      > > >
      > > > Let me know.
      > > >
      > > > Martha Andras

      > > Michael

      Church
      Hazleton,Pa.

      > > person
      > > there

      It
      > > fits

    • christine mackara
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
        Dennis,

        I might be going out on a limb here, but it seems to me, not so long ago, there was a discussion on this topic . Sometimes, if the priest was made aware of a death in the USA, they would record it in the church books. Maybe your Michael Kupecz died in Hazeltown and was buried there, but what you found in the Church Books was the notice of his death ?

        Maybe someone can correct me.

        Christine

        wrote:

        > Hi Dennis,
        >
        > You are welcome. If you ever find the information let me know & I'll
        be happy to take pictures. Our local library has many years of newspaper
        obituaries on microfilm. However, some years are missing due to a fire
        at the newspaper office before the records were given to the library.
        I'm fairly certain 1893 is one of the missing years because I need an
        obituary for that year. I'll double check & if I am wrong I will let you
        know.

        > Martha
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "haluska" ddhalusker@ wrote:
        > >

        > > No Martha,
        > >
        > > I do not know if he is burried there. The year was 1893 when Mike
        > > Sr.died and I have next to no information of his son Mike Jr. at
        this
        > > time. Thank you so much for the offer.
        > >
        > > Dennis
        > >

        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello Dennis,
        > > >
        > > > I live in Hazleton, PA. Do you know if Michael Kupecz buried here?
        If
        > > so, do you know where? When the weather breaks I would be willing to
        > > photograph his tombstone if I know where to look.
        > > >
        > > > Let me know.
        > > >
        > > > Martha Andras

        > > Michael

        Church
        Hazleton,Pa.

        > > person
        > > there

        It
        > > fits

      • Gordon Grening
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
          Dennis,

          Try contacting St. Joseph [Slovak] Roman Catholic Church in Hazleton. He just might be buried in their cemetery. I found my great grandparents in their Book of Interments 1890-1934 and their graves in the church's cemetery. Write to the church's secretary at:

          604 N. Laurel St.
          Hazleton, PA 18201-4598

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
            Thanks alot Gordon,

            Will do.......I will keep you guys posted.

            Dennis

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Grening"