Another request for help!

  • Joan Hendershot
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
      The following was copied from an old bible:

      John Gnaly narodal se Augusta 16 ho 1883
      Benedikovcoh, Sarisko , Stolica

      Can anyone tell me where I should look for records?

      Thanks
      Joan
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
        Benadikovce

        current county: Svidník
        former county - Austria Hungary Empire until IWW - Saris county - Saros megye

        OLD NAMES of the village(town): 1773, 1786 Benedikocz, 1808 Benedikócz, Benadykowce, Benedykowce, Benatek, 1863-1902 Benedikóc, 1907-1913 Benedekvágása, 1920 Benedikovce, Benadikovce, 1927-1948 Benedikovce, 1948- Benadikovce

        SURNAMES:
        Babej Bereznák Cerula Cervenák Cervenák Cervenák Cervenák Cervenák Cervenáková Cervenáková Cervenaková
        Cervenaková Duleba Duleba Dutko Fecová Gula Gula Hadzima Holub Jaroscák Jaroscák Juhas Kruzelák Kurilla
        Lacik Lojisová Mayrerová Mnahoncák Motylová Patkan Pazin Pazinová Rogosová Stach Simko Simková Sotik
        Sotiková Sottová Sottová Tomecko Valko Vanko Varholak Vasilová

        SURNAMES added recently in 2008: Bereznak Bobáková Cerula Cerulová Cervenak Cervenák Cervenáková Cervenaková Cubirka Demjanovicová Duleba Dulebová Dutko Dutková Dzubaj Dzubajová Dzurisová Dzoganová Gacová Gorun Gorunová Gribovská Gula Guzejová Holub Holubová Jaroscák Jaroscaková Jaroscáková Juhas Juhasová Kalinak Kalinaková Kruzelák Kruzeláková Kurilla Kurillová Kurilová Laciková Mayer Mnahoncáková Patkan Pavlisin Pavlisinová Pazin Pazinová Plastunák Rogos Simko Simková Sotik Sotiková Sott Sottová Valková Vanko Vanková

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2010
          >>> John Gnaly narodal se Augusta 16 ho 1883
          > Benedikovcoh, Sarisko , Stolica <<<

          Village is Benadikovce.

          You haven't told us his religion. Mlynarovce GC records are online. Mlynarovce is 3 km north of Benadikovce.
        • Joan Hendershot
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
            Thank you Michael. You answered me before with practically the same
            question. This time I was unable to locate Stolica.

            I appreciate your help.

            Joan
          • Joan Hendershot
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
              Thank you so much John. They were Greek Catholic so I will try Mylnarovce.
              I have tried so many places with no luck.

              I appreciate your help.

              Joan
            • Michael Mojher
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010
                Joan,
                I don't have your original e-mail, but if I recall correctly besides the village you also listed the District it was in. Stolica is the Hungarian word for District.
                7. hist. administratívnoprávna territorial Unit in býv. Hungary, which stood at the head bathrobe, County: King p. falling within the jurisdiction of the king;
                Trencianska, Zvolenska, Liptovska s.;