Izidore Gajarsky and Magy Roszsalang

  • judybrenner47
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
      Several months ago I asked for info about my grandfather, Joseph Gajarsky (Gayarsky) from Velke Kostolany who came to US in 1907. I have since learned that his father was Izidore - immigration records indicate that he lived in Magy Roszsalang in 1902. Does anyone know where that would be? Is the spelling correct? Mary Dubovsky is listed as his wife on Joseph's marriage certificatae. Anyone have any info on these people. I have not searched FHL yet - I got sidetracked on the other half of my lineage.

      Thank you for your help
      Judy
    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
        Judy,
        I looked at the immigration record of Izidor. The person making the transcription clearly could not read the handwriting and didn't try very hard. It looks to me like Nagy Kostolany, which would make sense, since you think his son was from from Old Kostolany. Did you look at the manuscript or just take the transcription as given? But maybe someone else wants to give it a try as well.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "judybrenner47" <brennner@...> wrote:

        > Several months ago I asked for info about my grandfather, Joseph Gajarsky (Gayarsky) from Velke Kostolany who came to US in 1907. I have since learned that his father was Izidore - immigration records indicate that he lived in Magy Roszsalang in 1902. Does anyone know where that would be? Is the spelling correct? Mary Dubovsky is listed as his wife on Joseph's marriage certificatae. Anyone have any info on these people. I have not searched FHL yet - I got sidetracked on the other half of my lineage.
        >
        > Thank you for your help
        > Judy

      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
          Magy Roszalang is merely a misreading of Nagy Kosztolany, the Hungarian form
          of Velke Kostolany.

          Janet

          _____