Re: [S-R] JISKRA in Slovakia

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2010
      Thank You!
      I will Try to send a letter in hopes of a connection.
      Jennifer

      In a message dated 1/26/2010 7:30:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      mgmojher@... writes:

      Jennifer,
      Here is what is found for Jiskra in the 1995 Slovak Census:
      Priezvisko JISKRA sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 3×, celkový pocet
      lokalít: 3, v lokalitách:
      CAJKOV, okr. LEVICE - 1×;
      FLAJSOVÁ (obec ORAVSKÁ LESNÁ), okr. DOLNÝ KUBÍN (od r. 1996 NÁMESTOVO) -
      1×;
      VRAKUNA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA - 1×;
      There are only 3 listing in Cajkov, Oravska Lesna, and Bratislava. It
      appears that your family line in Slovakia is endangered of ending.
      The online telephone directory had this:
      Meno Adresa Typ Operátor
      Jiskra Milos Bodvianska 11, Bratislava súkromné UPC, s.r.o.
      Jiskra Milos Bodvianska 5079/11, Bratislava - Vrakuna súkromné T-Mobile
      Slovensko, a.s.
      Jiskrová Simona Dolezalova 3424/15, Bratislava - Ruzinov súkromné T-Mobile
      Slovensko, a.s.

      So there are two people in Bratislava by that name. As you can see Milos
      is listed twice. The word after Bratislava is the area in Bratislava for the
      address / adresa.
      Hope this helps in your hunt to contact family members. I would say that
      with such a small number with that surname it is very likely that anyone
      with that surname are related to one another.