old bohemia & moravia Village names

  • koudelkadaniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
      Looking for Village info on Casdorfu Bohemia
      and Bacclavi Moravia
      got these names from Bohemian newspaper obits in Chicago area for my grandparents with google transulator i think i did ok with it.
      they came over 1906?
      tried translating village names hungarian,czech,german.with no luck
      no internet hits on village names
      also the iabsi.com great site tried toolbox no hits at my skill level any ideas?
      thank for all your help
      Daniel Koudelka
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
        How about Gastorf, Gaisdorf, or Gotzdorf, and Vaclavi?

        Janet

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2010
          Janet,
          You use "Fuzzy"? I was just about to send the same list.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
            Actually I used Shtetlseeker, a resource I very rarely use. But in this case
            the search was not in Slovakia/Hungary.

            Janet

            _____