More Reading on the church suppression under Communism

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2010
      For those interested in a more reading on church suppression under
      Communism, I have provided more references on my web
      http://tinyurl.com/yjeknsl

      Your heritage is comprised in part by the history of your family in
      Slovakia. If you want a better understanding what happened since your
      ancestors left, you owe it to yourself to delve a little deeper. It will
      give you a better appreciation for how good you have it. More importantly
      however, when you do visit and correspond with cousins or bureaucrats and
      look at records, you'll have a better understanding of why things are the
      way they are now. As a researcher, this knowledge is an essential tool in
      approaching people and institutions in Slovakia today. It will also help
      explain why certain records may or may not be available, and bridge the
      puzzlement that many new researchers have.

      Regards,

      Bill