Re: [S-R] Kotlar (csik)

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2010
      Thanks Noreen. The Kotlar name is fairly common throughout Slovakia. But the diminutive version, which is now "cik" rather than the Hungarian "csik", is very rare. It is only found in the Gemer area around Jelsava and there are only about a dozen families with this name. Interestingly, most deny being related. But it has been pretty easy to trace them all back to a common ancestor, at least for those that will share their grandparent's names with me.