Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Digest Number 393

  • Ron Matviyak2
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
      If you trace your ancestors back to Reis in Gelnhausen, Germany, then you
      can claim to be related to the man who invented the telephone. Even the
      Germans admit that Alex Bell invented the first practical telephone a few
      years later, but they give Reis credit for the initial development.

      Ron
      > maiden name - her mother was Anna Hvasta - my grandfather,her husband was
      > Michael Reiss - is father was Andrew Reiss -----any one have same names in
      > their family tree ---Marie G

    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Olsmarie1@a... wrote:
        > My grandparents came from Trebivo or Trebisov -----Evans was
        grandmother's
        > maiden name - her mother was Anna Hvasta - my grandfather,her
        husband was
        > Michael Reiss - is father was Andrew Reiss -----any one have same
        names in
        > their family tree ---Marie G

        Don't know your surnames.

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 6 surname Hvasta under
        Vojc^ice which is located 4 miles from Trebis^ov, Slovakia.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. matriky (1704-1895) for
        Trebis^ov, Slovakia, formerly To"keterebes, Zemplén Megye,
        Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.
        film #
        1982274
        1982275
        1982276

        Also the :

        G.C. parish church records (1775-1924)
        Jewish community records (1872-1926)
      • Kate Cullinane
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
          Marie,

          I have the films for the RC records for Trebisov at my FHC. If you would
          like a look up, send me details and I'd be happy to.

          Kate
          cullinan@...