Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Digest Number 393

  • Olsmarie1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
      My grandparents came from Trebivo or Trebisov -----Evans was grandmother's
      maiden name - her mother was Anna Hvasta - my grandfather,her husband was
      Michael Reiss - is father was Andrew Reiss -----any one have same names in
      their family tree ---Marie G
    • Ron Matviyak2
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
        If you trace your ancestors back to Reis in Gelnhausen, Germany, then you
        can claim to be related to the man who invented the telephone. Even the
        Germans admit that Alex Bell invented the first practical telephone a few
        years later, but they give Reis credit for the initial development.

        Ron
        > maiden name - her mother was Anna Hvasta - my grandfather,her husband was
        > Michael Reiss - is father was Andrew Reiss -----any one have same names in
        > their family tree ---Marie G

      • Frank Kurchina
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2000
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Olsmarie1@a... wrote:
          > My grandparents came from Trebivo or Trebisov -----Evans was
          grandmother's
          > maiden name - her mother was Anna Hvasta - my grandfather,her
          husband was
          > Michael Reiss - is father was Andrew Reiss -----any one have same
          names in
          > their family tree ---Marie G

          Don't know your surnames.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 6 surname Hvasta under
          Vojc^ice which is located 4 miles from Trebis^ov, Slovakia.

          The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. matriky (1704-1895) for
          Trebis^ov, Slovakia, formerly To"keterebes, Zemplén Megye,
          Hungary.
          Text in Latin and Hungarian.
          film #
          1982274
          1982275
          1982276

          Also the :

          G.C. parish church records (1775-1924)
          Jewish community records (1872-1926)
        • Kate Cullinane
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2000
            Marie,

            I have the films for the RC records for Trebisov at my FHC. If you would
            like a look up, send me details and I'd be happy to.

            Kate
            cullinan@...