Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: Austria-Hungary KOVIEC or KOVICE

  • kathiraisa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2000
      Hello Dr. "Q":

      Sorry, I thought my previous messages would automatically be part of my new
      outgoing message once I clicked on the "reply" botton. The e-mail I have at
      work works that way.

      I am a bit lost when it concerns my grandfather. I have a form that he
      filled out (maybe a draft of the census, I don't know) where he says he comes
      from Kassa Hamor. The ship manifest says his "last place of residence" was
      Kassa. Then the marriage certificate has Koviec or Kovice. I remember my
      mother telling me that he used to say that he came from a small village where
      everyone had the surname "Petrik".
      His death certificate is of no help whatsoever, as it says his parents are
      "unknown" (not true) and he was from Czechoslovakia.

      I have no clue what to do now. Thanks for your help! :)
      Kathi
      Cockeysville, MD

      In a message dated 10/12/00 9:44:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      judyq@... writes:

      << Can you give us any idea of an area of Slovakia you suspect.

      To answer the question in your other post - Ko┬╣ice was still under Hungarian
      control in 1907 so it would be listed as Kassa in official records.

      Note - - - it is helpful to leave at least some of the previous message to
      which
      you reply so the subject can be followed.

      Dr. "Q" >>