Time zones/US-Austria ?

  • RJMRAZIK
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
      Hello,
      I recently began communicating with a cousin (via e-mail !) living in
      Austria. I believe this cousin lives in East side of Austria near Vienna. He
      asked me if I knew what our time difference would be. (?) I live in the US
      in Eastern time zone and in a State that does Not change the clock in the
      spring or fall.
      Would anyone have any idea what our time difference might be?
      If it is 7 AM where I live, what time would it be where he lives?
      Thank-you,
      Peggy
    • RJMRAZIK
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
        Thank-you very much!
        > I believe your 7AM EST would be their 13:00 PM (which is our 1:00 PM in
        the
        > afternoon).
        > Dick M.
        >
        > Richard & Johanna Mihalek
        > Northern Wisconsin by Lake Superior
        > valhalla@...

      • Dick & Johanna Mihalek

          > I recently began communicating with a cousin (via e-mail !) living in
          > Austria. I believe this cousin lives in East side of Austria near Vienna.
          He
          > asked me if I knew what our time difference would be. (?) I live in the US
          > in Eastern time zone and in a State that does Not change the clock in the
          > spring or fall.
          > Would anyone have any idea what our time difference might be?
          > If it is 7 AM where I live, what time would it be where he lives?
          > Thank-you,
          > Peggy

        • Ron Matviyak2
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
            One additional thing to remember, twice a year: they also change from
            standard time to daylight savings, but often the European day for changing
            is a week or two different from the day we change. In other words there
            will be a week or two in the spring and fall when there will be one hour
            less or more difference in out time zones.

            A handy thing to remember for travel is that the airline industry also
            changes form summer to winter schedule on the same day the US changes from
            summer to winter time.

            Ron