Mokry / Vlach

  • terikson@home.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2000
      I am searching for information on the birthplace, emigration data and
      possibly ancestors or decendants of Alfred Mokry. The only
      information I have on Alfred is that he was born March 25, 1859. A
      location is given as Bohemia, Austria. I estimate that he arrived at
      New York about 1890. He was married to Frantiska Vlachova of Kutna
      Hora, Bohemia. I don't know if they were married before arriving
      in New York. He was employed as a cigar maker in New York. Alfred
      died in New York on January 5, 1900.

      I am searching for similar information for his wife Frantiska
      Vlachova. I know she was born in Kutna Hora, Bohemia about 1860. I
      don't know when she arrived in New York. Frantiska was shot and
      killed in New York about 1908. Her three children Josephine,
      Stephanie and a son (possibly Charles) then went to live with an Aunt
      at 419 E 76th Street New York.

      Frantiska had two siblings.
      A brother named Jan Vlach. He had been to the US and returned. Jan
      died April 1, 1938.

      A sister named Anna. Her husband was Cenek Hrobon. A letter from
      Anna dated 1938 has the address:
      Praha Vysocany
      Spitalska UI C.670