Re: Olsavsky

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
      From: Judy G
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 8:54 PM

      > My great-grandmother was an Olsovsky (that's how it ended up getting spelled in this country, but I have seen it Olshafsky and various other ways).

      Hi Judy,

      my husbands great-grandmother (that is the line I am researching in the Presov area), also was an "Olsavsky", but they lived in Eperjes/Presov, starting in 1807.
      She married Jan Makara in 1850 in Presov. I found her father's marriage,Georgius Olsavsky, and he stated, he was born in (what looks like) Ra├člavitz/Raslavice.?

      Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year,

      Christine