Re: [S-R] Ellis Island Records--brick wall

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2010
      Dear Judy:

      Hello! Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I am familiar with the
      JANOSIK surname. The godfather of my great, great grandfather JAN JURASKO who
      was born in the nearby village of Richnava in 1825 is an ANDREAS JANOSIK.
      He was also the godfather to two of my great, great grandfather's
      siblings. I haven't been able to trace another farther back (pre-1820 records)
      yet, but from what I have seen in my other lines, the godparents were usually
      related in some way.

      It is good to see another Sarisan (from Saris county). I wish you and
      your family a very Happy New Year!

      Best regards,

      David

    • christine mackara