Kvitneve

  • __A_YAHOO_USER__
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
      Is there anyone near the Bobrka region of the Ukraine?
      I've hit a dead end in my research on my Denega (Denjga) Romanow family.

      Ben,

      If you're still here you have a document you were going to translate for me.

      Basia
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2010
        Ben,
        Bibrka (Polish: Bóbrka, Ukrainian: ??????) is a town in western Ukraine, located in the Lviv Oblast (province) about 29 km southeast of Lviv on PI29.

        The town has been ruled at various points by the Kingdom of Poland, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the Austrian empire, the Austro-Hungarian empire, the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, the Kingdom of Hungary, the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union, and is now part of the Lviv Oblast in Ukraine; as a result Bibrka has several official and native names, including: Bóbrka (Polish/Russian), Prachnik (German), and Boiberke/Boyberke (Yiddish). The city has a population of 3,980.

        http://genforum.genealogy.com/ukraine/messages/8892.html is a link to a page that lists the FHC films for your Bobraka. My conjecture is these records are available because the town has been controlled by so many political states. When your relatives lived there is going to be the determining factor as to the availability of their records.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
          hi - i have a listing for Bobrka POLAND in the Slovak Pride data base. It is someone who was on my trip and we got him there (used to be Galicia). Wondered if there might be a connection.

          helene

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
            Hey there,
            What document was that? Buying a house, having a baby, trying to keep sane whilst still going to work... till so late... I am behind on everything but bills. So, can you remind me? I will do my best to get back to it...
            Ben

            ________________________________

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
              Hi Helene,

              If you are refering to me no I was not on a trip there. I would love to talk to someone who comes from the area. I am also interested in volunteering in the area in exchange for seeing the village and seeing written documents. I am a former teacher and I just watched a great special on the Ukraine and the return of Catholicism and rebuilding churches there. I started crying because these people need healing and a return to faith having endured so much persecution. I would love to return to the land of my grandparents.

              Basia

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
                Hi Ben,

                It was, I believe, the introduction to an old book that was found in a mayor's office in Korenice about the Novotnys.It's probably here in my dulli862 file somewhere. Congratualtions Ben...you've been busy!!! Don't talk to me of bills...I hate to go out to the mailbox. I had to razz you!

                Basia

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
                  AHHHHHHHH! I have been RAZZED!
                  :-)
                  I think I remember which one you mean. If I recall, it was incomplete- and didn't make much sense other than the list of family members. It was like............ and then Jon was born........... and it (kinda) ended.........
                  If you have it, send it! I will do my best for you.
                  Ben

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
                    You are wonderful. I have to get on the other computer...