Re: [S-R] Did your relatives depart from Bremen? Great Link here!

  • MaryLou
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
      Very useful website--thanks!
      MaryLou

      -------Original Message-------

      From: hyperlexiadaddy
      Date: 12/31/2009 11:14:12 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Did your relatives depart from Bremen? Great Link here!

      I just stumbled across a joint project between
      the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
      Society there...

      Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania...
      Here's the link:

      http://hotel432.server4you.de/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=STAB_4
      57/5-26_M&pass=Stich&abreisehafen=Bremen&ankunftshafen=New%20York&ID=725549&l
      ng=en

      Die MAUS is the name of the group.

      Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
      Dave

      Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

      http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_1&SPAM=true&path=C:\Users\MaryLou\AppData\
      ocal\Panda%20Security\Panda%20Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
    • Paul Sabol
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        Since I cannot read nor write Slovak nor Hungarian, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce the two place names below phonetically.  They are the same village, just a name change after WWI.

        Soós-Ujfalu
        Ruská Nová Ves