Re: [S-R] Did your relatives depart from Bremen? Great Link here!

  • Daniel Koudelka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
      Great site good search engine any idea why no departures between 1857-1907 from bremen? thanks Dan

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
        That's where I found my gram's manifest -- fyi lots of records were destroyed, but give it a try, I had some luck.

        Caye

        From: hyperlexiadaddy <cowboyhat@hotmail. com>

        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
          Thank you, I found quite a few Novotny's

          Basia

          In a message dated 12/31/2009 11:15:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          cowboyhat@... writes:

          I just stumbled across a joint project between
          the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
          Society there...

          Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania.Pa
          Here's the link:

          _http://hotel432.http://hotehttp://hotel432.http://hothttp://hotel432.http:/
          /hothttp:/&pass=pass=&abreisehafabreiseha&<WBR>ankunftsh<WBR>ankun&<WBR>ID=7
          &<WBR>la_
          (http://hotel432.server4you.de/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=STAB_4,57/5-26_M&pass=Stich&abreisehafen=Bremen&ankunftshafen=New%20York
          &ID=725549&lang=en)

          Die MAUS is the name of the group.

          Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
          Dave

        • Anabeth Dollins
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
            There's a discussion of the destruction of the Bremen records at
            http://www.progenealogists.com/germany/articles/gdepart.htm

            Anabeth

            On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Daniel Koudelka
            <koudelkadaniel@...>wrote:

            > Great site good search engine any idea why no departures between 1857-1907
            > from bremen? thanks Dan
            >
            > --- On Fri, 1/1/10, hyperlexiadaddy <cowboyhat@...<cowboyhat%40hotmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: hyperlexiadaddy <cowboyhat@... <cowboyhat%40hotmail.com>>
            > Subject: [S-R] Did your relatives depart from Bremen? Great Link here!
            > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 4:14 AM
            >
            > I just stumbled across a joint project between
            > the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
            > Society there...
            >
            > Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania. ..
            > Here's the link:
            >
            > http://hotel432. server4you. de/passagierlist en/listen. php?ArchivIdent=
            > STAB_4,57/ 5-26_M&pass= Stich&abreisehaf en=Bremen& ankunftshafen=
            > New%20York& ID=725549& lang=en
            >

            > Die MAUS is the name of the group.
            >
            > Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
            > Dave

          • MaryLou
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
              Very useful website--thanks!
              MaryLou

              I just stumbled across a joint project between
              the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
              Society there...

              Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania...
              Here's the link:

              http://hotel432.server4you.de/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=STAB_4
              57/5-26_M&pass=Stich&abreisehafen=Bremen&ankunftshafen=New%20York&ID=725549&l
              ng=en

              Die MAUS is the name of the group.

              Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
              Dave

              Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

              http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_1&SPAM=true&path=C:\Users\MaryLou\AppData\
              ocal\Panda%20Security\Panda%20Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
            • Paul Sabol
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
                Since I cannot read nor write Slovak nor Hungarian, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce the two place names below phonetically.  They are the same village, just a name change after WWI.

                Soós-Ujfalu
                Ruská Nová Ves