Did your relatives depart from Bremen? Great Link here!

  • hyperlexiadaddy
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2009
      I just stumbled across a joint project between
      the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
      Society there...

      Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania...
      Here's the link:

      http://hotel432.server4you.de/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=STAB_4,57/5-26_M&pass=Stich&abreisehafen=Bremen&ankunftshafen=New%20York&ID=725549&lang=en

      Die MAUS is the name of the group.

      Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
      Dave
    • Daniel Koudelka
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
        Great site good search engine any idea why no departures between 1857-1907 from bremen? thanks Dan

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
          That's where I found my gram's manifest -- fyi lots of records were destroyed, but give it a try, I had some luck.

          Caye

          From: hyperlexiadaddy <cowboyhat@hotmail. com>

          To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
            Thank you, I found quite a few Novotny's

            Basia

            In a message dated 12/31/2009 11:15:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            cowboyhat@... writes:

            I just stumbled across a joint project between
            the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
            Society there...

            Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania.Pa
            Here's the link:

            _http://hotel432.http://hotehttp://hotel432.http://hothttp://hotel432.http:/
            /hothttp:/&pass=pass=&abreisehafabreiseha&<WBR>ankunftsh<WBR>ankun&<WBR>ID=7
            &<WBR>la_
            (http://hotel432.server4you.de/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=STAB_4,57/5-26_M&pass=Stich&abreisehafen=Bremen&ankunftshafen=New%20York
            &ID=725549&lang=en)

            Die MAUS is the name of the group.

            Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
            Dave

          • Anabeth Dollins
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
              There's a discussion of the destruction of the Bremen records at
              http://www.progenealogists.com/germany/articles/gdepart.htm

              Anabeth

              On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Daniel Koudelka
              <koudelkadaniel@...>wrote:

              > Great site good search engine any idea why no departures between 1857-1907
              > from bremen? thanks Dan
              >
              > --- On Fri, 1/1/10, hyperlexiadaddy <cowboyhat@...<cowboyhat%40hotmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: hyperlexiadaddy <cowboyhat@... <cowboyhat%40hotmail.com>>
              > Subject: [S-R] Did your relatives depart from Bremen? Great Link here!
              > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com <SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 4:14 AM
              >
              > I just stumbled across a joint project between
              > the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
              > Society there...
              >
              > Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania. ..
              > Here's the link:
              >
              > http://hotel432. server4you. de/passagierlist en/listen. php?ArchivIdent=
              > STAB_4,57/ 5-26_M&pass= Stich&abreisehaf en=Bremen& ankunftshafen=
              > New%20York& ID=725549& lang=en
              >

              > Die MAUS is the name of the group.
              >
              > Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
              > Dave

            • MaryLou
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
                Very useful website--thanks!
                MaryLou

                I just stumbled across a joint project between
                the Chamber of Commerce of Bremen and the Genealogy
                Society there...

                Passenger lists! Lots of Slovaks headed for Pennsylvania...
                Here's the link:

                http://hotel432.server4you.de/passagierlisten/listen.php?ArchivIdent=STAB_4
                57/5-26_M&pass=Stich&abreisehafen=Bremen&ankunftshafen=New%20York&ID=725549&l
                ng=en

                Die MAUS is the name of the group.

                Stastlivy Novy Rok 2010!
                Dave

                Text inserted by Panda GP 2010:

                http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_1&SPAM=true&path=C:\Users\MaryLou\AppData\
                ocal\Panda%20Security\Panda%20Global%20Protection%202010\AntiSpam
              • Paul Sabol
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
                  Since I cannot read nor write Slovak nor Hungarian, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to properly pronounce the two place names below phonetically.  They are the same village, just a name change after WWI.

                  Soós-Ujfalu
                  Ruská Nová Ves